Immediate Replacement Dentures
An immediate denture is a complete or partial denture inserted immediately following the removal of your natural teeth. The denture is made by us, and your dentist will insert it at your extraction appointment.
Some of the benefits of an immediate denture are:
- You will never be seen without teeth.
- It will act as a Band-Aid to protect the tissues and aid healing.
- It will minimize facial distortion that may occur when teeth are removed.
- It will allow you to establish your speech patterns early.
- It is also easier to duplicate the shape, colour and arrangement of your natural teeth while some are still present in your mouth.
As healing occurs, the gum tissues recede so denture adjustments may be required. To maintain the best fit and comfort, a temporary liner or tissue conditioner may be placed in the denture. After the healing process is complete, either a new denture will be made or your denture will be relined to ensure the most comfortable fit possible. We will recommend the option that best meets your particular needs. Unlike many other providers, at Advance Oral we pride ourselves on our aftercare. We want you to be happy and comfortable. Because of this, we offer several complimentary adjustments to ensure that you are getting the most out of your new dentures.